Sunday, October 31, 2010

TODO TIENE UN FINAL…TODO TERMINA

This time I’ve chosen to start my last posting with a part of the famous lyrics of the song “PRESENT” by Vox Dei. I’m not saying anything new if I say that everything has an end and everything finishes. However, from time to time, it’s not pointless to remind us that we’re not caught in endless and forever-lasting situations and that leaving some situations behind is a natural part of growing.

Starting my last posting with this phrase is totally appropriate since we’re all nearing an end. If yet quite early to talk about the end of the year, we can at least speak of the end of classes. In the blink of an eye, another term has almost elapsed and we’re on the verge of the stressful and demanding period of preparing for the final exams. This year, however, we’re approaching a different end. In my case, I’ll be completing a series of consecutive subjects which I started back in first year such as Phonology, Language and Literature. What about what I feel? A mixture of emotions. A mixture of self- accomplishment for having completed successfully most of my course of studies together with melancholy for having to say goodbye to a number of subjects that were an essential part of my daily routine for four years.

Hand in hand with the end of classes –more specifically language classes- goes the end of this experience of blogging. In my case, this was a most rewarding experience. I had to learn from scratch all what now, I do almost mechanically.

I can say I like endings because each end implies the beginning of a new era full of new challenges and rewards. However, they also involve leaving behind a period which in my case I enjoyed a lot. But as life itself, all situations in life consist of a cycle which eventually comes to an end. And we must do anything but accept it.

Thanks for sharing a wonderful year together!

No comments:

Post a Comment